Abundant Life Worship Center
Phase 1 of Re-Opening
We are very excited to be able to have church inside the sanctuary in compliance with the governor’s recommendations beginning Sunday, May 17. However, for now things will be different than usual.
While we cannot guarantee a germ-free environment, we are taking steps to help prevent transmissions of COVID-19. You can read more about those steps below. Our sanctuary, lobby and office area are being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized as we look forward to gathering together for church.
If you are sick, have a fever, present any signs of cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the past 14 days, PLEASE STAY HOME.
We care about your health and safety. If you are in a high-risk group, we encourage you to stay home during Phase 1.
Our Guidelines For Your Safety
• Our sanctuary has been re-set to allow for social distancing. Family members can certainly sit together, but we ask that you remain six feet away from those in your row.
• During Phase I, we will have Sunday 10am services only. There will be no kid’s ministry, nursery, or Wednesday night activities. However, we will provide a Kid’s Activity Bag each Sunday for the children who attend.
• To help prevent the spread of infection, though not mandatory, we encourage everyone over the age of 10 to wear a mask. If you forget, one will be provided for you. If you have a health condition that makes it a challenge for you to wear a mask, we understand.
• We plan to keep our service length under 1 hour. To help with our children who are not accustomed to sitting through a service as well as to keep our contact limited, our service will be kept shorter than usual.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in the lobby.
• If you need to sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth and nose or sneeze into your elbow.
• We will continually wipe down surfaces in the restrooms and other high-touch areas.
• Drinking fountains will not be available for use.
• We will not distribute any printed materials or have them available.
• Please greet one another with a wave rather than a handshake or hug.
• The offering bags will not be passed during the service. You may give your offering in the receptable in the back of the sanctuary. We thank you for your generous giving during this season of time.
• Structured dismissals (by rows or sections) allowing people to leave in smaller groups will take place.
• We encourage fellowship to take place outdoors practicing social distancing rather than in the lobby.
Though these guidelines seem somewhat strict and cumbersome, it is important that we submit at this time to the leadership that God has placed over us. 1 Peter 2:11-25; Romans 13:7.
Your support, prayers and giving have been life-sustaining not only to our church, but to our community and missionaries. Thank you for your dedication and devotion to your church. You are loved and appreciated.
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” Philippians 1:3-5